Most of us are very busy in our day-to-day lives thanks to work, caring for children, and,?the past few months, shoveling?snow! As a result, we tend to put some important things on the ?back burner?, as one?would say.
However, it’s important not to ignore oral health issues, since these will only lead to bigger problems for your mouth in the future. Here are 5 reasons you may need to see your dentist sooner rather than later:
1. Your Gums Are Acting Up – If your gums are puffy, they bleed when you brush or floss,?or you have a family history of gum disease, it’s time to make an appointment.
2. You’re Hiding Your Smile – Whether you’re self-conscious about a missing tooth or?hoping for a brighter smile, don’t be shy about talking to your dentist about your oral health goals.
3. You’re Having Trouble Eating?– Difficulty chewing or swallowing should not be the norm! Try?focusing on soft or liquified foods until you can schedule an appointment with your dentist.
4. You’re Experiencing Jaw Pain?– Be sure to book an appointment if you experience pain?when opening or closing your mouth, chewing, or when you first wake up, as well as if you are experiencing regular?headaches, or popping and clicking in your jaw.
5. Your Mouth Has Spots and Sores?– If there’s something that doesn?t look or feel right?in your mouth, your dentist should examine any mouth sore that lasts a week or longer.?Types of mouth sores include canker sores, cold sores, leukoplaki, and candidiasis. Mouth?sores could be the symptom of a disease or disorder, infection from bacteria, viruses, or fungus, or the result of irritation caused by braces, dentures, or the sharp edge of a broken?tooth or filling.
We realize scheduling isn?t always the easiest, but keeping on top of any dental issues will be time well spent. It’s also very important to book regular check-ups to ensure our dentists can?help you with early detection of issues and make sure that they are resolved.?The team at Colchester Dental cares about you, and we look forward to helping you stay?happy and healthy!
Call and book your appointment today! We are open evenings &?Saturdays to help current and new patients with busy schedules.